The blog metaphor group writing project wrapped up recently, and it turns out my post was one of the top 10! What a nice surprise! Turns out everyone in the top 10 will get a free copy of Lorelle’s new book. I’m looking forward to reading it.
Paul Enderson tagged me for the 8 things you don’t know about me meme, and that seems like a good lazy Sunday afternoon thing to write about, so here goes:
- I love sad songs and sad movies. The sadder and more pathetic, the better. Think Sophie’s Choice or Whiskey Lullaby.
- Contrast that to the fact that I can find a silver lining in almost anything. I believe that no matter how negative something seems, you can always find something good about it.
- I studied Italian in Rome for a month in my mid-20’s.
- I can spin a pen around my thumb. I learned to do it in a boring high school English class, and have distracted and frustrated college professors, co-workers and piano students with the trick ever since. I can even do both hands at once. I believe it to be an essential life skill.
- I turned 37 a couple of days ago. 40 is just around the corner! Unbelievable.
- I am a Grammar and Spelling Nazi. However, I value an easy to read, conversational style of writing, so I’m able to let go of my pet peeves, even in my own writing if necessary.
- I was born in Texas, and even though my dad was in the Army, I managed to spend much of my life there before moving to Ohio in my 20′s. I still think Texas is the best state in the US, but it’s just too hot in the summer for me to want to actually live there again.
- My first web site was on Geocities, a long, long time ago, and was called “The Mewsings of Opera Cat” – how lame is that?