At CLL Group, we have a business model of training organizations and teams to in effect become self-coaching. We’ve determined that if we can coach with the goal to rapidly enable individuals within the company to take over this role, it’s a win-win for all.
Here is our job description for our Agile coaches. We begin this engagement with an Agile diagnostic health assessment, the results of which enable us to focus where the need is the greatest.
Our Agile Coach:
The Agile Coach is an integral part of our team-based environment propelled by creativity, collaboration, and agility. The Agile Coach is a champion for agile adoption and is responsible for coaching and developing self-directed teams by setting direction, engaging the team, removing impediments and obstacles to support continuous improvement and delivery of results, along with celebrating successes.
- Identifies organizational adoption challenges and collaboratively assists in creating solutions in order to continuously evolve and improve Agility within the organization.
- Coaches and mentors teams by shadowing them and providing constructive and timely feedback related to their Agile lifecycle, helping the teams grow strong in applying Agile principals to their daily work.
- Seeks to understand where the teams are within their Agile journey so as to encourage incremental improvements rather than demand potentially disruptive monumental leaps in their Agile maturity levels.
- Inspects and adapts with Scrum Masters, Product Owners and teams to constantly improve the product/service.
- Invests in and engages the team and team members; mentors ScrumMasters to get to know their team members as people – understand who they are, what they value, what motivates them and how they want to be treated.
- Acts as a respected partner, participating in real-time to provide advice or assistance to teams and team members. Part of the team!
- Collaborates with teams, management peers and other functions to ensure understanding of shared responsibility and deliverables to ensure success relative to our Agile/Scrum development.
- Coaches executives and stakeholders to align their expectations for working with an Agile development environment.
All of our coaches have the following experience:
- Direct experience in a leadership role with proven ability to build effective team.
- At minimum, three years of Scrum / Agile experience required with an excellent working knowledge of the Scrum framework.
- An ability to understand interactions between people and systems, and an ability to know what questions to ask to guide someone through creatively solving a problem or removing an obstacle.
- Previous experience coaching product owners, scrum masters and team members.
- Experience in the formation/transformation of new teams into high performing Agile teams.
- Team players with the ability to inspire collaboration and a desire to continuously improve.
- A strong desire to help people reach their full potential by creating a culture change to a more positive and productive environment.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certifications.
If you would like to schedule some time to discuss further about Agile coaching with CLL Group, please do not hesitate to contact us.
And we always look for opportunities to collaborate! If you think you might be interested in being an Agile coach with CLL Group, please do not hesitate to contact us!