Sometimes it can be difficult to find inspiration for blog posts… I loved Brian’s recent Cosmo Headlines idea on Copyblogger for coming up with blog topics, and recently as Char of Essential Keystrokes and I were discussing ideas for a group writing project, we decided that the great advertising slogans would also be great inspiration for blog posts! So, we would like to introduce the Ad Lib Group Writing Project!
Here’s the deal: you write a blog post inspired by one of the great ad slogans and then send the permalink either to me or Char at cpolanosky [at] gmail [dot] com (don’t submit to both, we’ll combine the lists). The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, March 12th.
Once we have a complete list of entries, Char and I will each choose the one we think is the most original and interesting, and the winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to either Amazon.com or iTunes – your choice! Two winners!
We don’t want to limit you as to the ad slogan that you might choose to use, but here is a short list to get you started:
1. A diamond is forever (De Beers, 1950)
2. Just do it (Nike, 1988)
3. The pause that refreshes (Coca-Cola, 1929)
4. Tastes great, less filling (Miller Lite)
5. We try harder (Avis, 1962)
6. Good to the last drop (Maxwell House, 1915)
7. Breakfast of champions (Wheaties)
8. Does she … or doesn’t she? (Clairol, 1964)
9. When it rains it pours (Morton Salt, 1911)
10. Where’s the beef? (Wendy’s, 1984)
If none of those strike you, here is a larger list at Wikiquote.
After March 12, we will post the winners and a complete list of articles on our sites for everyone to enjoy!